Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in – commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals – starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 600+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Senior Frontend Developer you will mainly develop features and contribute to our Web Frontend application – Bitpanda Pro. You ensure timely and efficient delivery of high quality code, enhance the performance and is responsible for maintaining an appealing and functioning web application.
You will work closely with the Web Frontend Team and Backend Developers to ensure an up and running web application for our platform at all times. You will also work closely with the Product Designers, Technical Product Owner to develop features and maintain the application.
- VueJS with Pug and Typescript
- Sass, Jest, PixiJS, Canvas
- Rest and Websockets
- Storybook, Webpack
- Git, gitlab
What you’ll do
- Technically design, build and maintain advanced applications & features for the Web Frontend platform
- Responsibly generating maintainable and scalable code optimized for robustness, reliability and performance
- Write and maintain unit tests so that quality is maintained and adherence to functional requirements is ensured
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance at all times
- Peer-reviewing code from team members
- Participate in Backlog refinements to add technical details to Tasks and User Stories
- Discuss proposed designs and requirements to estimate complexity of Tasks and User Stories
- Coding for features, thorough (unit) testing & merging written code
- Breaking up user stories into apt tasks for technical implementation
- Understanding the features / requirements thoroughly
- Reviewing code written by team members
- Regularly updating the status of tasks and communicating / flagging issues at the earliest
- Fixing bugs in real time, to keep the Web application up and running
- Playing an active part in the development process, give input and suggest changes
- Excellent knowledge of VueJS, React, Angular >2.0 or any similar modern web framework
- Excellent CSS and HTML knowledge
- Experience with RESTful services and Websockets
- Strong experience in general OOP paradigms like inheritance, genericity and interfaces
- Nice to have: experience with developing large scale applications
- Nice to have: experience working in cross functional teams
- Nice to have: experience with data visualisation, and charting with Canvas or PixiJS
- Nice to have: experience with optimizing for Performance
- Nice to have: trading knowledge and concepts like / order types / candle charts / bot trading
What’s in it for you
Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
Individual stock option plan
Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
Occasional company-wide and team events – both in-person and virtually!
Learning & development opportunities
A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.