Sr. Consultant – Technology Consulting – Scrum Master
EY is looking for Sr. Consultant – Scrum Master.
Your key responsibilities
· Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping.
· Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs.
· Serve as teams’ or programs’ information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors.
· Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level.
· Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases.
· Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles.
· Coach more junior Scrum Masters.
· Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them.
· Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences.
· Track and remove impediments.
· Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity
· Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving
· Participate in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs.
Skills and attributes for success
· 5 years’ experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
· Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
· Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
· Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
· Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
· Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
· Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
· Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
· Active participant in the Agile community
To qualify for the role you must have
· Education: B.E. / B. Tech
· Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
· 3 years of experience with scaled Agile (SAFe, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
· Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative
· Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
· Excellent team player
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.