Sr. Consultant – Technology Consulting – Agile Coach
The mission of the Agile team is to increase the value, transparency, and happiness of software delivery teams around the firm through Agile and related practices. We coach teams, programs, and organizations until they are self-sustaining and provide resources and tooling to self-adopters. This forward-looking group defines scaling practices, team-level best practices, tooling, and reporting, and will always be on the front line of agility within the firm.If you’re passionate about delivering value, looking to make an impact on one of the world’s great firms, and up for a challenge, read on!
Your key responsibilities
· Passionately advocating for the delivery of greater commercial value; coaching
measurement of and focus on business outcomes
· Training everyone from senior executives to summer interns
· Leading transformation: Advising on org design, creating adoption roadmaps, adapting
the baseline client Agile operating model to local business and technology conditions
· Training and coaching leaders on creating conditions of success for high-performing Agile
· Facilitating/coaching big-picture exercises like Value Stream Mapping, Opportunity
· Canvas, Story Map, Journey Mapping
· Facilitating/coaching Scrum and Scaled Agile ceremonies (e.g., Big Room Planning);
intake and prioritization at the team, program, and portfolio levels; cross-team
dependency management; creation of program-level feature and architectural backlogs;
user story slicing, story writing, and backlog maintenance
· Helping teams and programs develop information radiators; coaching management and
stakeholders on interpreting and responding to information radiators
· Facilitating/coaching use of operational metrics and data visualization to plan, report
progress, and make data-driven prioritization decisions at the team, program, and
· Assessing the Agile maturity of teams and organizations and coaching to higher levels of
· Developing high potential employees with limited Agile experience into Agile Coaches,
· Scrum Masters, and Product Owners
· Tracking and removing impediments to transformation; managing resistance with humility,
empathy and diplomacy
· Co-creating a broad Agile toolbox that is framework-agnostic and tailored to the firm’s
· Creating enterprise consistency by following the client Agile operating model and
playbook, while adapting as necessary and contributing to their continuous improvement
· Building a safe environment with an emphasis on transparency, collaboration, and
· Participating in Agile Communities of Practice across the firm using creativity.
Skills and attributes for success
· Must be a hands-on practitioner, able and willing to work with teams while coaching them
· Knowledge of DevOps capabilities such as Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD),
Automated Testing, etc.
· Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness,
conflict resolution, empowerment, and increasing transparency. Strong coaching skills: ability to meet practitioners at their level of Agile experience and motivate them to join the Agile journey
· Strong leader able to assume a leadership role in large-scale Agile transformation
· Familiarity with non-Scrum flavors of Agile (Kanban, Lean, etc.)
· Knowledge of Agile Testing practices like TDD, ATDD and BDD
· JIRA and JIRA Portfolio power user
· Familiarity with Testing tools/frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, SoapUI,
· Appium, Cucumber, RSpec, etc.
· Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training,
conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
· Active participant in the Agile community
· Prior Agile training experience at multiple levels
To qualify for the role you must have
· Education: B.E. / B. Tech / MBA (Tier2/1)
· 3 years’ experience as a Scrum Master for a team that was diligently applying Scrum
· 3 years’ experience with scaled Agile (SAFe, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g.,
· Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
· Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
· Experience developing products using customer and design-centric practices
· Experience in applying a variety of approaches to the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown techniques, numerous retrospective formats,
· multiple ways of handling bugs, etc.)
· Agile experience in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different
· organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
· Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative
· Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
· Excellent team player
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.