Reporting to the Team Leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in electrical machine design and development roles. The work will involve designing and developing high performance rotating electrical machines for our innovative electric and hybrid powertrains. The candidate should be capable of working from broad requirements and be able to communicate thoughts and ideas to other technical specialists within a multi-disciplined team.
· Interpretation of machine requirements to generate detailed formal specifications;
· Conceptual design from first principals applied to permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types;
· Progressing machine designs from ideas to prototypes with the development of detailed models and supporting engineering documentation.
· Generation of machine specific test plans, investigation and undertake analysis where necessary to resolve performance issues;
· Establish and maintain specialist design tools and methodologies to support electrical machine design;
· Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent;
· Experience with electromagnetic and thermal performance of electrical machines;
· Familiar with using a range of electromagnetic FEA tools together with other machine design tools;
· Strong written & verbal communication skills;
· Fluent English language skills;
· Willingness to travel worldwide