Database Administrator (MS SQL)
The successful candidate will work as part of global team of database administrators and will be responsible for managing and administering more than 600 databases on more than 140 servers. To succeed in this position you should posses an expert level experience with developing or administering MS SQL server (2005-2017).
- MS SQL server administration
- Backup administration: Backup and restore MS SQL database within different serversSecurity Administration: User management, security hardening and auditing.
- Performance Management
- Redundancy and High Availability Planning and Design, Disaster Recovery (SHARDIng, Replication, SQL Cluster Administration, Mirroring, Availability Group).MS SQL and Mongo DB monitoring and performance tuning using Mongo DB management console, SQL profiler, Perfmon, and Extended events.
- Development Team Support and Advisory
- Checking for installed SQL server version and install required updates and patches
- Troubleshooting, optimizing and configuring SQL Server database servers for performance and availability.
- Min. Bachelor´s degree from a recognized and accredited University or equivalent qualification, skills, certification or working experience
- Min. 3 years of experience as Database Developer or Database Administrator with focus SQL server databases
- Experience with administering, installing and configuring Mongo DB – big advantage!
- Experience with MS SQL server (2005-2017)
- Experience with other databases is advantage: Oracle, MySQL, Progress, Pervasive (SQL)
- Working experience with data migration and integration, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS deployment and development
- Working experience with SQL server Cluster, Mirroring and Availability Group
- Experience with SQL server replication technologies
- Knowledge on capacity management and maintenance of transaction log files
- Knowledge of developing and optimizing advanced SQL/TSQL queries
- Experience with JSON, PowerShell and/or Python – desired
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Great self-organizational skills and autonomy, able to work in a virtual/global and multi-cultural team and able to work effectively and efficiently under stress
- Result-oriented with affinity towards precision and quality.
- Willingness to work on stand-by (approximately 10 hours per months) plus weekend activity from time to tim
Global Blue offers a fast-paced, team environment. You will receive an outstanding total compensation and performance-related salary plan depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your pay check, we offer a competitive salary plus yearly bonus, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits:
- Work in fast-growing international company and industry
- State of the art office environment well connected to the public transportation system and with good infrastructure
- International environment and inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee benefits and building events
- Varied, interesting and challenging job
Global Blue guarantees an attractive, competitive and performance-related compensation package based on your professional and personal qualifications as well as on market-oriented salaries and, therefore, our compensation package is significantly above the stated minimum salary.
As required by Austrian federal law we are obliged to disclose the minimum annual compensation according to the respective Austrian collective agreement for this position, which amounts to 35.174,30 EUR.