What we offer:
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer with 2-4 years of working experience in DevOps Engineering with a passion for solving complex problems & providing scalable end-to-end solutions. Our ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and continuously improve building, packaging, and deployment processes. In the role you will collaborate with other disciplines and use their in-depth knowledge of deployment/configuration management tools in a B2B and B2C platforms to deliver business solutions with and for our clients.
What you will do:
- Primarily support customer operation including directly troubleshooting and resolving production problems
- Perform root cause analysis, diagnose and correlate all necessary information to determine the appropriate course of action, and escalate unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Schedule, test and deploy regular fixes, patches and upgrades of WebSphere Commerce components and WebSphere based solutions to multiple environments.
- Configure and update SSL certificates for WebSphere servers as required.
Work across teams to ensure the highest level platform performance, availability and disaster recovery.
- Identify opportunities for tuning enhancements to components such as, but not limited to, OS and JVM parameters and configurations, garbage collection, caching, queuing, connection pools, plug-ins and JDBC drivers.
- Monitor Application Server performance and work with application development teams to identify and deploy solutions for performance problems.
- Hands on installation and configuration of WebSphere Application and Commerce Server in a clustered environment
- Identify areas for automation using tools or scripting languages
- Connect with HCL+IBM and other software vendors to clearly articulate problems and obtain solutions.
- Connect with hosting provider teams to debug problems, articulate and follow up on service requests, and escalate/track critical issues.
- Performance load/stress testing and performance tuning of all tiers including: web server, IBM WAS application server, HCL Commerce, HCL Commerce Search and the IBM Db2 database.
- Evaluate and report on new tools and techniques for monitoring and securing an e-Commerce site
- Documentation — Prepare and maintain thorough documentation of technologies, standards and procedures.
What you will bring:
- 1+ Experience in the DevOps field in the Retail & E-Commerce space
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Good understanding of memory management, thread/connection pooling etc.
- Strong knowledge in DevOps implementation & Practices
- Strong knowledge in AWS/Azure Cloud implementation
- Strong knowledge in CICD pipeline implementation with best practices
- Hands-on experience in these tools & technology
- + GitHub/BitBucket/Jenkins/Maven/Bamboo/JIRA etc
- + Testing Tools like Selenium/Cucumber/JMeter etc
- + Configuration Management System like (Ansible or Chef or Puppet)
- + Infrastructure-as-a-code (IaaC) using Terraform/Cloud Formation Template/ ARM Template
- + Scripting knowledge in Bash/Python/PowerShell
- Containerization using Docker, Kubernetes
- Exposure to Microservices, Database, API implementation
- Application & Infrastructure Monitoring Tools like (AppDynamic, DataDog, Nagios etc)
- Certifications in AWS/ Azure/ Docker/ Kubernetes etc is a plus.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum process
- Ability to innovate and to effectively deal with rapid change in a positive manner.
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong initiative, proactive and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel for business meetings, as required.
Good to know:
- Knowledge of Public Cloud Platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Hands-on experience in Java performance tuning/holiday readiness
- Experience with JVM monitoring and diagnostic for optimal application performance.