At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We’re a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We’re looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for full-time Backend Software Developers (All Levels) to join our team.
As a Software Developer, you will be collaborating with other talented devs; you’ll be a strong code contributor and commit to working code nearly every day. You‘ll focus on the development of back-end services and APIs while fostering best practices in automated testing, or helping with code reviews.
At Neo, you get to own code quality and own projects from inception through to deployment. Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, MongoDB, and AWS – but we believe great developers can learn any tech stack.
Total Compensation: $120K – $220K (based on experience)
What you’ll be doing:
– Write complex back-end code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more
– Help build a cutting-edge micro-services architecture following best-in-industry patterns.
– Participate in end-to-end delivery of features including taking ownership over things like unit testing or getting your feature deployed to production.
– Provision cloud-based resources using Terraform, Docker, and “Infrastructure-as-Code”.
– Help with code reviews, as well as mentor and coach junior developers.
Who we’re looking for:
– A history building back-end services, APIs, and business logic. Level of seniority to be determined based on your career experience.
– Be a strong coder in at least 1 programming language with knowledge of both theory and practical hands-on ability.
– Understand our tech stack (or similar technologies); show excitement to learn our stack.
– Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends and announcements.
– Experience working with teams, working on bigger products, or even startup experience.
– Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate.
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.