At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We’re a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We’re looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for a full-time Lead Software Developer in Calgary or Winnipeg.
A successful Lead Software Developer at Neo is a hands-on coder and architect who sets the bar for engineering excellence; while also running our development process and leading, mentoring, and even interviewing developers. You‘ll be responsible for a small “two-pizza team” including team deliverables, dev culture, and practices like Kanban, automated testing, code reviews, and continuous delivery.
Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS – but we believe great developers can learn any tech stack.
Total Compensation: $120K – $220K (based on experience).
What you’ll be doing:
– Lead a small full-stack development team and own a whole product or major initiative.
– Set the pace and set the bar as one of our best hands-on developers.
– Continuously improve with the goal of creating Canada’s top-performing dev team.
– Help plan and evolve our cutting-edge architecture following best-in-industry patterns.
– Own the technology, code, deliverables, and milestones for major development projects
– Be the voice for concerns like scalability, performance, security, and maintainability.
– Lead standup meetings, retrospectives, code reviews, API design reviews, or technical reviews of product stories.
– Help recruit, interview, and hire software developers.
– Hold 1:1 meetings with your team, provide feedback, and hold people accountable.
– Champion practices including Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery, Domain-driven Design, Kanban Process, etc.
Who we’re looking for:
– At least 5 years of experience building full-stack projects with strong front-end and back-end architecture knowledge.
– Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends and announcements, etc.
– Experience leading development teams or major software development projects.
– Strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); show excitement to learn our stack.
– Comfort working with cloud-based infrastructure such as Amazon AWS (or similar).
– Social involvement and proven ability to interview, engage developers in the community, and above all else, motivate and connect with others.
– Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate.
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.