As an Operations Engineer, you’ll dive deep into complex technical environments in order to provide professional, high-quality service and assistance to our customers. You will support our customers in close cooperation with other teams (e.g. Software Development, System Development, Technical Account Management), so that you can swiftly respond to any issues as they emerge and maintain a good relationship with even the most demanding customers with non-compromising solutions.
- give professional remote support
- complex technical environments
- a healthy work-life balance
- a competitive wage with extra benefits
- work for an awarded and global leading company
- maintaining advanced DataMiner Network Management Systems by resolving customer issues
- making sure that issues get addressed to guarantee maximum service availability
- providing consultation to help customers realize the full potential of their system
- working closely together with both squad and chapter members in an agile environment
- maintaining high-quality standards and providing internal departments with product feedback
- you are a fast learner who adapts quickly to new situations
- you are communicative and have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- you think logically and client-oriented
- you have natural technical insight
- basic knowledge of C# is preferred, or good experience with a similar language
- strong affinity with MS Windows operating systems
- experience with HTML, XML, client-server systems and SNMP
- knowledge of TCP/IP (firewalls, routers, etc.), multithreading, Web Services, .Net Remoting and Wireshark
- knowledge of MySQL and Cassandra is an asset
- basic familiarity with HFC broadband, IPTV, broadcast and satellite systems is a plus
You have a bachelor, master or doctorate degree in ICT, Software and/or Telecom.
Basic qualifications for consideration
This position requires that you work from our offices located in Lisbon, Portugal. You have good verbal and written communication skills in English.
What’s in it for you?
- gain experience with a vast array of cutting-edge technologies
- be part of a team that has a disruptive impact on the global media and broadband industry
- work in an international company while still enjoying the advantages of a small-company culture
- an attractive gross salary, depending on your job category and professional experience, with additional fringe benefits
- a healthy work-life balance: flexible working hours, work-from-home days
- personal Learning & Development budget: credits you can spend on your personal development, with a wide range of opportunities to choose from
- time for work and time for fun: get to know your colleagues during all kinds of social activities outside business hours