About the role
You will be working within our global IT Services Group with the teams who make and deliver our applications, you’ll make sure services are effective across test, development, and production environments.
You will drive improvements, whether they relate to boosting the enjoyment of the software or the efficiency of our teams.
You’ll be empowered to establish procedures of software delivery following industry standards.
Above all, you’ll make certain our agile methodology isn’t hampered by operational requirements or delays in delivery or software transitions.
You’ll be part of a DevOps team with the mission of creating new and awesome tools that will empower teams around the company to do things in an automated and safer way, plus standardizing processes to ensure all the teams are aligned with each other. Moving our applications into our hybrid cloud environments will be a key mandate for this role.
What you’ll do
- Plan upgrades of large, complex systems across a variety of environments, working closely with key staff across multiple teams.
- Manage technical releases including software deploys, de-risking deploys and change request reviews.
- Investigate and diagnose problems, assign or carry out code and deployment fixes, and keep documents up to date.
- Build and verify new servers, including tracking network changes using tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Build tools for automate, simplify and de-risk processes.
- Work with bleeding-edge tools and technologies.
- Establish within the team best practices for software delivery across our multiple cloud environments.
- Work on-call rotation duties to ensure the 24×7 support of our infrastructure
What you’ll bring
- Experience as Linux/Windows administrator with great troubleshooting skills at different levels.
- Familiar with software development, including concepts, current technologies and frameworks.
- Familiar with containerisation (Docker) and virtualisation (VMWare / OpenStack) technologies.
- A good level of understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment concepts and tools, including SCMs (Git, Subversion), CI servers (Bamboo, Jenkins), build tools (Maven, Gradle), binary repositories (Nexus, Artifactory) and code quality tools (SonarQube).
- Experience with HashiCorp stack: Terraform, Consul and Vault.
- Ability to understand and implement Infrastructure-as-Code principles.
- Knowledge in Public clouds: Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Good knowledge around platform automation technologies, such as Puppet and Ansible. Experience with AWX is a plus.
- Equipped with basic programming know-how – including an understanding of code and coding concepts – plus advanced knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby…).
- Flexible enough to meet tight deadlines and driven to deliver to strict SLAs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Experience managing end customers will be an asset.
Nice to have’s
- Previous experience working with Agile methodologies will be very valuable.
- Experience working with Kubernetes clusters and observability tools such as Fluentd, Kibana, Logstash, Prometheus and Grafana.
- Good level of understanding regarding database administration, including but not limited to, Cassandra, Neo4j and ElasticSearch as well as the traditional ones (MySQL, Oracle, etc).
What’s in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech
Global work experience in agile methodology
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!)
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package
- Playful, accessible office with a range of workplace perks
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service