Are you an engineer with a passion for security? Do you like to work in the fast-moving and highly challenging e-commerce environment? Do you love autonomy to introduce your own ideas? Are you comfortable enough to build security from a scratch and challenge things?
If yes, we are looking for people like you!
Make your career at Travix
At Travix, everyone is welcome. Our global team has over 40 different nationalities and we embrace everyone’s authenticity. We have proven to grow people internally, we are proud of our passionate company culture and we love to dream big. Ever since our company was founded, our aim has been to create a work environment where people can thrive, be creative and ultimately build their own legacy within the company. More now than ever we are at a pivotal moment in our company’s existence: where we are preparing for when the world is ready to travel again. With cutting-edge technology, strong partnerships, a strategic vision and the resources and stability of the Trip.com Group, we provide an international playground where our employees can truly impact the future of traveling.
To accelerate this momentum, we’re looking to grow our team. If you share the same values as we do, you are just as passionate and ready to build your own legacy, then there is plenty of room here at Travix.
As a Security Engineer, you’ll defend sensitive data and systems from cyber attacks. You’ll work on establishing best practices and periodically reviewing controls, building or integrating security tools for internal use, automating repetitive tasks. You’ll respond to the security incident and co-ordinate our teams, assess the impact and follow up to make sure it doesn’t happen again. You’ll be a founding member in our new cross-functional and growing security team responsible for security processes and compliance, working closely with the Systems and Software engineering teams. You’ll be accountable for your own projects and trusted to deliver, but also form part of a broader team that takes collective responsibility in keeping Travix secure.
The role requires a good understanding of cloud security GCP/AWS, strong fundamentals of Linux and cyber security.
- Identify threats and implement defensive measures
- Review changes to our infrastructure for potential security impact
- Design and deliver tools that enable security by default
- Make others better proactively through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring
- Participate in incident response
- Work with the audit team to keep Travix security compliant.
What you bring to the table
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong technical skills in cloud security GCP or AWS
- Performed security assessments of Cloud Infrastructure, Applications and Corporate Networks
- Experience working with SIEM, IDS/IPS
- Experience integrating automation tools and services in a continuous delivery / integration pipeline.
- Comfortable scripting in at least one language (i.e. Python, Bash, Golang).
What you can expect
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
- Many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- An environment where you can keep a healthy work-life balance: even when we can go back to the office to collaborate as teams, you will still continue having a balance between working from home and from the office.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization.
- A diverse, inclusive and multicultural working environment
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar (free beer!), team drinks and company events.
Ready to start your own Travix journey?
Think you have what it takes? Then, we would love to hear from you. Please note that we continue to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19.