Retail Operations is one of the core departments in Zalando. We ensure that Zalando has the right products at the right time in the right place. We are the ones who buy the products which are then sold to our consumers.
To improve this we permanently optimize our procure-to-pay process. One of the main levers in this optimization is the Retail Center – a one-stop-destination for our suppliers that aims to provide a smooth and seamless integration between our suppliers and buyers/planners.
As a Backend developer in the Retail Center team, you will build the central component that connects all department components and ensures that Zalando’s store has the right product available at the right time. You will build and own all centralized services for the department and your systems will be used by 1000+ internal users and 2000+ suppliers every day.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Meet business needs while maintaining scalable architecture and keeping dependable consistency of business objects
- Own the whole development cycle end-to-end – from architecture design to implementation and testing and as well maintenance of our products
- Work together with the developers, UX, product-management and other teams to provide the best experience for our customers
- Collaborate with other technology- and business teams to ensure that our solutions are well integrated in the larger context of Zalando
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of professional experience in Java and/or Kotlin and with relevant frameworks (e.g. Spring) and basic knowledge of (or interest) in Scala
- Hands on experience in system architecture and RESTful API design, as well as building microservice-based systems, preferably in the cloud (AWS)
- Great communication and stakeholder management skills and the intrinsic motivation to create the best applications for our suppliers and internals
- Passion for writing high quality readable code
- Experience with complex internal systems such as ERP or Supply Chain Management are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- A friendly, respectful and diverse team who works in collaboration and values the culture and spirit of every team member
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, 100+ internal guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.