As a Backend Engineer in the Product Offer Platform, you will design, develop and operate business-critical applications at the heart of Zalando that process tens of thousands of events per second powering the critical customer-facing web and mobile applications such as the Product Detail Page, the Cart, the Wishlist, and the Checkout. You will work with tools and technologies such as Scala, Java, Akka, AWS, Kubernetes, Postgres, and Elasticsearch in building high-performant, low latency systems to create an impact on customers and partners.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design, build and operate large-scale data streaming and processing applications serving product offer data with the latency of tens of milliseconds in magnitude to all countries Zalando operates in using technologies such as Scala, Java, Akka, Postgres, and Elasticsearch
- Evaluate and implement leading-edge technologies and optimize platform performance in terms of throughput, read-latency, scalability, and reliability.
- Ensure a state-of-the-art software development methodology.
Share your knowledge with your colleagues and help them grow their technical skills.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- Proficiency in designing and developing APIs and high-volume data streaming and processing systems with either Scala or Java.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
- Familiarity with AWS, Kubernetes, Akka toolkit, and Elasticsearch is a plus.
- “You build it, you run it” approach: experience managing services end-to-end, from developing to deploying to monitoring and incident support.
- Eagerness to optimize data streaming and processing systems for the best possible performance to have a positive impact on customers and partners.
- Passion for working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders, product managers, and engineering peers.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Product Offer Platform is the central platform within Zalando that combines product data with price and stock information into product offers. We provide the sales channels across Zalando with all offers they may sell with up to 15,000 updates per second and at the same time make sure that they are of high quality to provide our customers with the best shopping experience.
Product Offer Platform consists of three agile teams and we are looking for several Backend Engineers who would like to work in a very innovative environment with cutting-edge technologies, making sound technical decisions and delivering value for our customers.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.
#softwareengineer #softwareengineering #backend #scala #aws #backendengineer #softwareentwickler