As a Software Engineer for Quantum Computing Backends you will be a key contributor to the growing AQT software stack. As such, you will be responsible for creating backend software for ion-trap quantum computers and their subsystems, ranging from real-time control and embedded systems to instrumentation control, automation and integration of software for hardware components. You will be involved in the entire software life cycle – from requirements gathering and design to development, testing, deployment and maintenance. You might be a great fit if you are versed in distributed and high-performance computing, embedded systems, computer systems engineering, security, and data storage, scientific computing and AI, to name a few.
- Developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software components, systems and features for hardware subcomponents and scientific instrumentation
- Participating and driving DevOps throughout the entire software life cycle
- Writing well-structured, documented and tested code
- Collaborating with stakeholders in and out of the software team
- Continuously improving yourself and on how we do things
- You have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- You are familiar with agile working principles
- You have excellent Python software engineering skills
- You are familiar with Linux, Ansible and ideally TypeScript and C++
- Git and CI/CD don’t scare you
- You are curiosity and enjoy tackling and solving complex problems
- You love to work in a collaborative environment with highly-skilled colleagues
- You have good communication skills in spoken and written English
The Austrian law stipulates that the formal minimum salary of EUR 37 559.20 per year, according to Collective Bargaining Agreement, must be specified in job postings. According to your experience and skills we are willing to pay more.