Be part of a growing business – start your career at IU!
Since its founding in 1998, the IU International University of Applied Sciences has developed into the largest private university for online and dual study programs in Europe. We offer more than 80 career-oriented bachelor and master programs in various disciplines. These English and German language programs are all accredited and state-recognized. As a pioneer in digital education, we continuously improve the learning experience of our students with the help of innovative technologies and consistently focus on their satisfaction. Through our employees’ entrepreneurial mindset we continue to achieve our ambitious goals and high growth rate of more than 50 percent.
For our distance learning program “Data Management” (Master-level course) we are looking for a Freelance Author (m/f/d) now for the following course:
- SQL Databases
- NoSQL Concepts
- Key-Value-oriented Databases
- Document-oriented Databases
- Column-oriented Databases
- Graph-oriented Databases
Your tasks include:
- The creation of a course book based on an existing module description
- The creation of related online and exam questions
- The selection of related readings
- An academic degree (Master or PhD), corresponding appropriately to the level of the study program
- An academic profile relevant to the field
- Industrial experience in the field is of advantage
- Previous experience creating study materials is of advantage
All content will be written in English. A course book contains about 30,000 to 50,000 words (130–180 pages). You will receive detailed guidelines regarding the content, format, and the specific elements of the course book to be delivered. The work will be completed exclusively offsite (i.e. from your home office).
If you match this profile and are searching for a new challenge as a freelancer, we look forward to receiving your application with the following documents (in English and in a single .pdf file):
- Tailored CV and cover letter
- An independent writing sample related to one of the listed topics (3-5 pages)
- Your earliest start date
- Contact details of references
We look forward to receiving your application.
For questions please contact Ms Hayre (email@example.com).
For further information please visit our career page or www.iu.de/en/