Jolocom is looking for a full-time Senior Frontend Engineer with strong programming skills, backed by a passion for both web and native mobile development, to build a truly outstanding product experience.
At Jolocom you will:
- work in tandem with Jolocom’s design team to deliver a full redesign of our SmartWallet application for mobile platforms (iOS and Android);
- collaborate with our Engineering Team, especially re: backend development;
- build new product features from start to finish (from conception all the way through research, maintenance, and refinement);
- improve UI and UX across all our web/mobile projects;
- engage and educate the community, from users to contributors.
You may be a fit for this role if…
- your portfolio includes relevant projects or related activities;
- you are familiar with animation techniques (don’t be afraid, we are reasonable);
- you are passionate about building great digital experiences;
- you are aware of and interested in software architecture and design patterns;
- you gravitate toward idiomatic, well-structured, and testable code;
- you have persistent drive to make improvements and innovate, desire to have an impact by effectively managing conflicts and priorities, and by thinking creatively and solution-oriented;
- you are excited to help solve complex UI problems with us.
Skills needed for the role:
- React + Redux + Redux Thunk, for both web and mobile frontends;
- React Native for cross-platform mobile development;
- other tech (bonus!) Node.js for backend development and library code, Raspberry Pi, Docker + Docker Compose;
- fluency in English is a must, German is a plus.
What to expect from us:
- a flat (horizontal) organization — we avoid top-down management; supportive, collaborative and friendly atmosphere;
- clear & rigorous documentation;
- product features built to specifications;
- realistic project estimation times;
- design systems and adaptable productivity infrastructure;
- opportunities to come up with your own solutions for technical challenges around dataflow, reactiveness and performance;
- a deep appreciation for open source;
an exciting cryptography-based product with incredible potential.