What we offer:
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer with 4-6 years of working experience in DevOps Engineering with a passion for solving complex problems & providing scalable end-to-end solutions. Our ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and continuously improve building, packaging, and deployment processes. In the role you will collaborate with other disciplines and use their in-depth knowledge of deployment/configuration management tools in a B2B and B2C platforms to deliver business solutions with and for our clients.
What you will do:
- Primarily support customer operation including directly troubleshooting and resolving production problems
- Perform root cause analysis, diagnose and correlate all necessary information to determine the appropriate course of action, and escalate unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Schedule, test and deploy regular fixes, patches and upgrades of Servers to multiple environments.
- Configure and update SSL certificates as required.
- Work across teams to ensure the highest-level platform performance, availability and disaster recovery.
- Identify opportunities for tuning enhancements to components such as, but not limited to, OS and JVM parameters and configurations, garbage collection, caching, queuing, connection pools, plug-ins and JDBC drivers.
- Monitor Application Server performance and work with application development teams to identify and deploy solutions for performance problems. Application & Infrastructure Monitoring Tools like (AppDynamic, DataDog, Nagios etc)
- Hands on installation and configuration of Application Servers in a clustered environment
- Connect with hosting provider teams to debug problems, articulate and follow up on service requests, and escalate/track critical issues.
What you will bring:
- 2+ Experience in the DevOps field in the Retail & E-Commerce space
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Good understanding of memory management, thread/connection pooling etc.
- Strong knowledge in DevOps implementation & Practices
- Strong knowledge in AWS/Azure/Google Cloud implementation
- Strong knowledge in CI/CD pipeline implementation with best practices
- Hands-on experience in these tools & technology:
- GitHub/Bitbucket/Jenkins/Maven/Bamboo/JIRA etc
- Configuration Management System like (Ansible or Chef or Puppet) OR Infrastructure-as-a-code (IaaC) using Terraform/Cloud Formation
- Template/ ARM Template
- Scripting knowledge in Bash/Python/PowerShell
- Containerization using Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum process
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong initiative, proactive and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel for business meetings, as required.
Good to know:
- Knowledge of Public Cloud Platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Hands-on experience in Java performance tuning/holiday readiness
- Experience with JVM monitoring and diagnostic for optimal application performance.
- Certifications in AWS/ Azure/ Docker/ Kubernetes etc is a plus.