At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We’re a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We’re looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for full-time Senior Full Stack Developers to join our team.
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you will be collaborating with other talented devs; you’ll be a top code contributor and commit example-worthy code every day. You‘ll work on architecture, front-end (web) and back-end code while fostering best practices like agile, automated testing, code reviews, and continuous delivery.
At Neo, you get to own code quality and own projects from inception through to deployment. Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS – but we believe great developers can learn any tech stack.
Our engineering team casts a wide net of problem solvers and self-starters, who are all energized by fast-paced work and can adjust their footing swiftly on any given day. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful developers and tech minds.
What you’ll be doing:
– Write complex back-end code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more
– Create web-based interfaces and re-usable interface components with Typescript and React
– Help build a cutting-edge micro-services architecture following best-in-industry patterns
– Provision cloud-based resources using Terraform, Docker, and “Infrastructure-as-Code”
– Lead code reviews, API design reviews, or technical reviews of product stories
– Champion practices including Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery & Dependency Injection
– Mentor and coach junior developers
Who we’re looking for:
– Experience building full-stack web projects with a significant focus on back-end code and business logic.
– Strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); excitement to learn
– Ability to architect and develop service-based backends: APIs, code, and data
– Fluent in > 1 programming language – preferably at least one dynamic/interpreted language
– Comfort working with cloud-based infrastructure such as Amazon AWS (or similar)
– Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends and announcements
What will help you succeed:
– Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
– Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
– Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
– Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers