The Enterprise Application Specialist will be part of a team that supports and maintains our 24×7 mission-critical Corporate Applications.
The responsibilities include implementation of new applications, configuration, upgrades and maintenance, optimization, as well as tier 3 support. In addition to this, you will also be a key contact for stakeholders and assist with the team’s technology direction.
You will work with some of the brightest IT professionals in the industry using only the latest and best in class tools and platforms. With peers and clients locally and around the world, you will support leading-edge infrastructures and services for 1000+ users, focused on ensuring high availability and performance.
What you’ll do
- Act as an advisor for the team on projects, working with appropriate stakeholders capturing requirements, offering assistance and providing recommendations and solutions where required.
- Play a key role in the design, implementation, and support of all Enterprise Application managed technology solutions.
Assist with defining team standards and best practice processes.
- Responsible for the application’s support and escalation with 3rd party vendors including root cause analysis and communication with relevant support teams.
- Responsible for implementation of applications improvements, updates and patching during quiet times.
- Write documentation to describe applications installation, operating procedures, and applications objectives.
- Work with the team to plan and deliver project tasks following an Agile methodology.
- Participating in an on-call support rotation to provide technical support.
- Drive the standardization of applications maintenance applying automation when possible as part of a continuous improvement process.
What you’ll bring
- The ideal Enterprise Application Specialist will possess some or all of the following attributes
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a systems administration or application support role, using technologies like as:Microsoft Windows 2003-2016 Server
- Linux or Unix
- Enterprise-class applications with 200+ users
- Experience in integration of services in a multi-platform environment
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, with the ability to research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems.
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English. Experience managing end customers will be an asset
Nice also have:
- Previous experience working with Agile methodologies will be very valuable.
- User Experience with some of the following technologies would be an asset: OpenStack, VMWare, Remote Desktop Services, Project Management principles, CRM, Collaboration Tools, Monitoring Tools (Grafana, Icinga), Business Intelligence Tools (R, Python, Tableau) and Atlassian software stack.
Ideally experience with scripting languages.
A solid understanding of networking principles.
Experience managing end customers will be an asset.
What’s in it for you
Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
Global work experience in an agile methodology
International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities speaking 27 languages)
Competitive salary and relocation packages for you and your family
Playful office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre
Flexible working hours, well-being programs and growth opportunities
Team building events, learning labs, Hackathons/Designatons and extravagant corporate events
Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others
Workplace perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books, massages and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit and even ice-cream