Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Our motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything we do – from our games, new products and technologies, to how we collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
What we believe
We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes. Our forte lies in the diversity of our skills – and that comes from the diversity of our people.
Our commitment to you
The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where we all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
As a Senior Architect, you will be responsible for the architecture of certain products/systems based on business direction. You will also be a role model and a career mentor for your team, and you will be an active participant in much wider and higher level technical decisions, requiring engagement with all other technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the Architecture of the specific functional areas and components, ensuring the architecture is optimal and aligned to the overall architectural strategy.
- Collaborate with the central architecture team to define overall company. architectural strategy and guidelines and ensure your projects are fully aligned
- Work closely with Product Directors to define mid/long-term product strategies and shape product architecture roadmaps accordingly.
Collaborate with other technical stakeholders (e.g. devops, application security, database teams) to help define and ensure alignment with their strategy.
- Identify and define appropriate non-functional requirements that need to be satisfied by the technical solution ensuring these are part of the overall requirements.
- Empower the development team to actively participate in the design of technical solutions ensuring they are fully aligned with requirements and architectural concepts, while providing the necessary guidance and support.
- Work with the project stakeholders to ensure that the defined technical solutions and requirements are broken down into a sensible delivery schedule e.g. sizing/scope, phases, deliverables, build order, etc.
- Identify, define and prioritise technical/architectural initiatives to continuously improve our products ensuring they meet all architectural principles.
- Mentor and guide team members in their career paths.
- Produce top quality code to help the dev team in specific projects, to evaluate new technologies or to develop POCs.
- Sponsor change and innovation influencing both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience designing and documenting system architecture.
- A company-wide vision of systems architecture.
- Ability to work in a multi-faceted role often consisting of elements of Architecture, Product, Development, Project and People Management, BA, Mentoring.
- Ability to function as a Product Owner of architectural projects.
- Experience in analysing problems from both business and engineering points of view and designing solutions that meet both technical and business requirements.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence both business and engineering stakeholders, always adapting communication style to engage with specific audiences.
- Extensive hands-on development experience and ability to act as a top developer if the situation requires it.
Ability to formally document complex systems, solutions and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to provide reliable estimations of effort and duration of whole projects, milestones, iterations and tasks.
- Good response under pressure and ability to quickly react to changes and to adapt strategies and priorities accordingly.
- Extensive team work experience and ability to effectively engage and motivate other Inventors towards a common goal.
- A great passion for technology that compels you to always keep an eye on new technologies, platforms, techniques, languages and innovation in general.
What’s in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at the innovative, value-driven global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
Global work experience in agile methodology.
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!).
- Attractive salary and flexible benefits package (incl. medical insurance for you and your family, life insurance, free language classes).
- Playful, accessible office in the Technology Park of Málaga with a free, private bus connection from the city centre and a range of workplace perks.
- Flexible working hours and ways of working, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities every day.
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle down in Spain (if you are moving from a different city/country).
- Flexibility of working from home or in the office to stay both safe and collaborative.
- Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons, Designatons, and even Referathons!
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service.