As a Senior Product Designer, you have an important role within the design team and the product development process. You will transform conceptual ideas into world-class design solutions
that work on a global scale across different continents, defining the style, turning wireframes into polished designs and reviewing implemented designs closely with product development teams. Moreover, you will be part of user tests to get early stage user feedback. You will pioneer excellence by constantly keeping an eye for ways to optimize our user experience throughout all the digital touch points. And of course, you will need to be able to present your ideas in a convincing way!
You will create, define and maintain the style of our designs. You will work closely with our Lead Product Designer, Product Analysts and Product development teams. If necessary, you will mentor other designers and continually share knowledge to grow yourself and your peers.
You will be an expert in e-commerce and conversion rate optimization. You know how to define and refine journeys and flows, integrating a mix of interaction and visual design, that enables our customers to easily navigate our websites. Together with the Product Analytics Team, you will make sure your design decisions are data driven and you will be constantly keeping an eye for ways to simplify and optimize our user experience throughout all the digital touch points. The role demands constant evolution and adaptation as the product, market, and our customer’s needs evolve.
- Have input into the design strategy
- Visually and verbally present product solutions necessary for the enhancement of users’ experience.
- Closely collaborate with IT and business teams to solve complex issues, like interaction models and data visualization (e.g. usability, findability)
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Design user-centered interaction models, wireframes or screen mockups
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Work with other designers to implement designs
- Optimise product performance through experimentation
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to product owners and engineers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends that will impact our users
What you bring to the table
- Degree in Product Design or a similar field or relevant experience
- Worked at least 5 years as a product or UX designer and can prove that with a convincing portfolio
- Experience in designing high traffic e-commerce sites, preferably on a global scale
- Skilled in modern design tools like Figma/Sketch and have experience in rich interactive prototyping with Framer/AdobeXD or other prototyping tools
- Strong conceptual skills
- You have a huge passion for turning complex problems into beautifully elegant solutions
- You have an analytical mindset, with a keen eye for detail
- You are creative and also structured
- You communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- You know and are aware of all the latest trends and developments in digital design
- Perfect command of English
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and other amazing benefits, such as covered travel costs, discounted ongoing cancellation / travel insurances and a bike plan.
- 30,5 days of paid leave, so plenty of time to enjoy your global travel adventures!
- Many internal development courses to keep on learning and growing.
- Training and conference budget available for your development
- An environment where you can keep a healthy work-life balance: even when we can go back to the office to collaborate as teams, you will still continue having a balance between working from home and from the office.
- Flat hierarchy where your voice can be heard, welcomed and appreciated at all levels in the organization.
- A diverse, inclusive and multicultural working environment
- Top floor office in Amsterdam (close to Central Station) with an amazing view!
- Free fruit, company bar (free beer!), team drinks and company events.
Think you have what it takes? Then, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that we continue to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19.