Our Order Management team, ensures relevant assortment is available to our customers in order to provide them a great shopping experience. They want to achieve best assortment availability every season for our customers both pre-season and in-season to increase efficiency and automation in our procure to pay processes.
To that end, our team is building the retail order engine that process contracts of hundreds of buyers with more than 2000+ suppliers. Our systems will ensure that 300000+ products are available at the right time and place to our customers.
As an Engineering Manager you will be at the forefront of technology, tackling complex engineering challenges and working closely with our customers. You will lead a team who designs and builds a system that redefines the way our suppliers digitally interact with Zalando.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop and execute mid- & long-term architectural vision and technical direction to create highly available and scalable solutions
- Set a high bar of engineering and operational excellence in terms of scalability, latency, observability and uptime
- Manage an agile tech team, facilitate collaboration, communication and decision-making between the engineering team, product specialists and stakeholders. You partner with product owners, engineering and architecture teams to influence product strategy and drive the product development roadmap
- Attract, onboard, develop and retain diverse top talents to your team and transform the landscape of Zalando’s retail operations platform
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A solid background in software engineering and system design that is based on event-driven, microservices architecture on top of Kubernetes and AWS.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages with a profound knowledge of REST APIs and highly distributed, scalable and resilient microservice environment
- microservice environment
Significant experience leading and developing cross-functional engineering teams within an international, agile environment
- Always optimizing for creating maximum business value – you are capable of making your teams accountable and responsible for decisions made by providing a strong sense of ownership and a data-driven mindset with a strong understanding of core priorities and KPI’s.
- You have effective communication skills in English, with an ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams
- You think creatively, are solution oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation
- Responsible for maintaining trustful relationship with your teams, leading them and setting a high standard as an example
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.