In this exciting junior role we are looking for a Java Backend Engineer to join us on a 6 months internship ASAP.
You will provide support to the one of the engineering teams which works on customer inbox. The Working Student will help with daily business and over time gain knowledge and skills in backend related coding and maintenance.
- Customer Inbox/Communication Core is a multicultural team of 50 members who are highly skilled and motivated.
- Our team consists of professionals from several different countries. We grow together and our collective experience makes us stronger
- The team focuses on long term relationships. We like to mentor and coach new team members so that they grow professionally and feel comfortable at work. You will enjoy the team, get opportunities to learn new technologies, and experience many challenges.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Implement features in existing or newly created micro services using java.
- Increase the reliability, performance and the observability of existing components within our micro services.
- Joining the engineering teams of Customer-Inbox and Communication-Core. This is a team of 5 engineers focusing on the core processing of messages and targeting the right customers with the right message.
- Building a highly scaleable platform for customer communication, processing and sending millions of messages on different communication channels every day. Using a various amount of technologies like Java Spring Boot Microservices, Relational Databases, NoSQL databases, AWS, Kubernetes infrastructure, RabbitMQ and many more.
- Support the team and its clients in daily business and operational tasks and continuously improving documentation.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have knowledge and real work experience with Java., working with AWS and other coding experience would be a bonus.
- Open-source mindset and curiosity to discover new technologies and software services and make significant contributions to new or existing systems.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns.
- Strong experience in understanding existing codebases and providing high quality feedback in pull requests.
- A good communicator in both oral and written English. (German is a bonus).
- Berlin based or willing to relocate.
PERKS AT WORK
- Discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, municipality services, flexible working times, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- The unique chance to be part of a market-leading company giving you the opportunity to learn and grow.
- A fast-moving and agile working environment where you’ll never face boredom.
- A highly motivated, international team with colleagues who will both inspire and support you.
- A corporate culture that allows you to make judgments based on your work results, not on the way you look – our motto: Every day is casual Friday.
- Become part of the Future Zalent community getting the support you need to be successful in your careers.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.