As a Senior Backend Engineer in the Team Order Management, you will build the retail order engine that processes contracts of hundreds of buyers with over 2000 suppliers. Your systems will ensure that 300000+ products are available at the right time and place for our customers. You will develop system designs, implement solutions in several components, be a mentor to your colleagues and drive our collective operational excellence forward.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Optimizing our business processes through technology to allow our business to scale and be prepared for future growth
- Develop internal tools using direct feedback from hundreds of internal colleagues to enable them to manage thousands of orders that ensure our shop is always well stocked with the right products
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced backend developer (Java, Spring Boot, optionally Scala or Kotlin, SQL) with DevOps experience (Kubernetes, AWS) in an event-driven (Kafka) microservice-based system landscape that is owned end-to-end by your team
- You define problems and design solutions together with product managers and your team members to build applications the right way and you advise engineering managers on improving operational excellence
- It is your responsibility to maintain a future-proof system architecture and work with your team members on evolving it based on new requirements, to create concepts for technical improvements, and to nurture your colleagues’ technical expertise
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.