As Zalando transforms from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion, this is an exciting time to join us. Our Customer Platform team in Dublin run key parts of the Zalando Business – Our core Customer data services, front-end components for the Fashion Store and several core customer experiences.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’re part of a high performing team, building technologies that connect every part of the fashion industry.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Our group is depended on by the entire company. Your work will support millions of customers and much of our multi-billion euro business.
- Work on large-scale, business critical data processing applications that provide customer data securely at low latency using technologies such as Java, Scala, Akka, Redis, DynamoDB, Kafka, Postgres working on Kubernetes on AWS.
- Work to improve our services with leading-edge technologies and optimize the platform performance in terms of throughput, latency, security and reliability.
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues helping them to grow their technical skills.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are an experienced developer with strong Java or Scala skills and an interest in learning coding in a functional style.
- You write clean code and also can teach others to do so.
- You have essential experience with event-driven engineering projects
- You are an expert at relevant product architecture and can evolve it over time.
- You have experience working in critical production environments and distributed systems development.
- Your ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with customers, product owners and engineering peers.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, city center office, public transport discounts, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts.
- We have a structured program to fast track your career and develop your skills.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.